Monday, November 22, 2010

didn't mean to disappear

We are still here, still alive! Life just got in the way and I haven't been very good about updating this blog.

The girls are off school this whole week, so hopefully we'll be doing some fun stuff and I'll be posting more pictures of them. Riley is going to day camp at Hope Hollow today and tomorrow and I know she'll have fun there!

One of us is still running (that would be me) but Mitch's knee is feeling better, though not completely healed, and I am signing us both up for the Jingle Bell Jog 5K race in 2 weeks so hopefully he'll be able to get back into it.

As for me, 13 days after the Chicago Marathon I ran a 15K race, then last Saturday I ran the 12K's of Christmas (pictures below) and on Thanksgiving I'm running the Turkey Day 8K. The marathon was fun and I hope to do another one someday but right now I am loving the shorter distances. We are both signed up for the New Orleans Mardi Gras Marathon in February, but I'm 90% sure we'll both be downgrading to the half. It's kind of difficult to fit in 3-4 hour runs over the holidays.




1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hey sometimes life gets in the way of blogging :) congrats on still running!