Tuesday, September 28, 2010

knee pain + marathon in 12 days = not good

In case anyone is wondering, training for a marathon is not a walk in the park. Mitch has been battling knee pain for a while now. I had some after the half marathon we ran last month, but it went away after a couple of days and I hadn't thought much about it since.

Well it reared its ugly head this last Friday and won't go away. Apparently running 18-20 miles on the weekends in addition to playing singles tennis is more than my knees can handle. Mitch had his chiropractor appointment this morning which really seems to be helping him, so he made me an appointment too. With some foam rolling and the right strengthening and stretching exercises he believes we will both be running this marathon. But no more tennis!

I am pretty sure taper madness will be setting in now. I'm going to have a lot of time on my hands with no tennis and very little running to be done in the next 12 days! Maybe I could work on Morgan's baby book that is 3 1/2 years past due?

No comments: