Sunday, September 19, 2010

I ran 20 miles today

I just have to keep saying it! I wasn't sure I should do it because my legs were still somewhat tired from running a 10K race last Saturday, then an 18 mile run Sunday. Then playing tennis Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. (probably shouldn't be doing that but it's fun!)

So I told myself I'd go for 14 and see how it went and keep going if I could. When I got to 14 I told myself "it's only 6 more miles!". I hope I say that on marathon day after running 20 miles.

It hurt (my knees are still sore from last weekend and my calves kept wanting to cramp up), it was hot (75 when I started, just over 90 when I finished) and it was long (almost 4 hours) but I did it! And I'm so glad I did. Now the work is done and I rest up for the marathon that is 3 weeks from today!!

4 comments:

mj said...

woooo hoooo! definitely take it easier for the next 3 weeks than you did last week. can't wait to hear how the race goes.

Girl Power 2 Cure said...

wow!!!! so impressed! that is fantastic!

The MacDonald Family said...

Wonderful!!! Nice job!

Glenn said...

Great job!!