Monday, September 6, 2010

I am ending a relationship

With my Asics. I've been running in them for years, well before I really got into running, and overall I like them. But ever since I started running consistently I've gotten blisters. They are painful and annoying and I was stressing out about how I was going to make it 26.2 miles with them.

So Saturday I went back to the running store and someone finally realized I had too much room in the toe of my shoes, so my feet were sliding around too much causing the blisters. I bought a pair of Mizunos and finally for the first time in a few weeks I was excited to run again. 5 miles yesterday and 9 miles today and not even a hint of a blister. I'm sold! Bring on the marathon! Well, maybe not quite yet...


3 comments:

Kelly said...

Yep, I bet that is why I can't run 9 miles...MY SHOES!!! Ha Ha HA!

Erica said...

its amazing the difference a shoe can make!

mj said...

shoes really do make ALL the difference. i used to wear asics too. and, although i still think they are hands-down the COMFIEST running shoes on planet earth, brooks work for me. i'm sure your mizunos will treat you well. :)