Sunday, June 6, 2010

6 days until half marathon!

This half marathon has been in the works for a long time and now that it's getting close I'm getting nervous! I had hoped to run 1 or 2 long runs in the last few weeks but heat and travel kind of prevented that. So I guess I will just go out and do my best and hope I can make it!

The plan for this week is to REST! I'll probably run 2 or 3 short runs in the next few days but that'll be it. I really need to concentrate on eating healthy to do some damage control from our trip to Colorado. There was lots (and lots) of unhealthy eating going on there and I'm definitely feeling it this week.

I also need to make sure to drink my water! This morning it was 74 degrees with a dewpoint of 73 degrees, which means it was extremely humid. I imagine it'll be just like that next Saturday. It would be nice if they passed out dry towels along the course, I think I'm going to need them!

No comments: