Saturday, May 15, 2010

a few of my favorite things

For running anyway!


My Garmin Forerunner 305, which is actually not even mine. I got it for Mitch for Christmas but I think I use it more than he does! Great for tracking distance, time and pace. It has other cool features too but that's mostly what I use it for. So nice not to have to drive out my route first to figure out how far I'm going!
Pink Spibelt! I didn't think I'd like it at first, but this thing holds my iphone plus anything else I want to carry. I wish it was waterproof but I just put things in a ziplock bag and it's all good.

2-bottle hydration belt. I think once I start marathon training I'm going to need a 4-bottle but this one works great plus has a pouch to keep keys or anything else too. Plus the bottles are easy to drink out of while running without choking!


3 comments:

run4may said...

Have you ever used hand held hydration? I received a belt as a gift but it rides up- drives me crazy. I am considering trying something hand held for marathon training.

I found your blog form the RW chicago marathon forum.

Lauren said...

Oh man those are the same as my favorites except my hydration belt is amphipod brand. I can't stand hand held hydration. My belt stays put fine as long as I put it low enough on my waist and where it tight enough :D.

I have a pink spibelt too! The only thing I don't see here is an IPOD. That's a BIG favorite!

Riley and Family said...

Lauren how many bottles does your amphipod have? It's pretty hot here now so I think I need to get one with 4 bottles. I usually stash a bottle of something somewhere along my route and drink it when I come back to it because 2 bottles isn't enough on long runs.

I do have an Ultimate Direction handheld. I like it ok. I like that it has a strap around my hand so I don't have to actually hold onto it. I'm just not sure I like something weighted in my hands, but the good thing is it does get lighter as you go along! :)

Oh yes and ipod is definitely a favorite too!!