Saturday, February 20, 2010

We Race for Riley Grace

Today Mitch and I ran the Make a Difference 5K race to benefit the Children's Hospital. They encouraged people to run in honor of someone so we of course ran for Riley! We had a few people ask us who Riley was so it was an easy way to spread the word about Rett Syndrome.

Why yes that is a trophy in my hand. I surprisingly won 1st place in my age group, coming in at 27:16 (I think). They said there were about 600 runners so I was pretty happy!

The back of my shirt, which motivated me to run faster. I figured the more people I passed, the more that would see my shirt!

At the start of the race we had to run on a busy road with just one lane blocked off and there were a lot of slow runners in front who were hard to get around. Mitch got around them first and took off, leaving me in his dust. He beat me by about a minute, 45 seconds (but I got a trophy!). :)


It's a beautiful day here in Mississippi, and a great day for a run!

2 comments:

Carrie and Avery said...

that is awesome! Congrats!

Kelly said...

to go ERIN!!! Very cool that you got a trophy....I am sure you are not rubbing it in to Mitch too bad :) The shirt looks GREAT!!!