Monday, May 25, 2009

IRSF Conference 2009

We are back, and this year's conference was awesome!!! Not to say last year's wasn't, but last year was so soon after Riley's diagnosis and I was in a fog a lot of the weekend. This year I was able to have fun and really soak up a lot of the information.

The resort we stayed at in Leesburg, Virginia was gorgeous! The conference kept us busy, of course, but we did manage to get out for about an hour one day and hit golf balls which was a great way to unwind after a long day of sitting in sessions!

Sunday night we went out for dinner with a couple we met last year, and their gorgeous daughter Caitlyn. We also met more people this year, so they joined us too! We all have 4 year old daughters so it's great to think we'll always be together in this - and we hope to meet more people next year. We found out next year's conference will be in Colorado - fun!



After dinner we enjoyed the beautiful Virginia weather and sat outside talking, laughing and listening to the talented Cliff Fry play his guitar. It was the perfect end to a great weekend!


Even though it was much less stressful to go without the kids this year, I have to say I missed this smiling face! And the other two smiling faces, who were busy getting dirty outside when we got home so I only got a picture of Riley. :)





2 comments:

Avery said...

Glad you had a good time! Hopefully we can make it to the next one!

Brooklyn and Kelly said...

I am SO sad I missed it, Colorado sounds fun for next year....I will start saving now :)