Friday, February 27, 2009

final cake class

I am DONE with cake classes now and I'm pretty relieved. I have fun doing it, but trying to decorate a cake in class is stressful, I prefer having my own kitchen and my own space. And this class was about fondant which is yuck. I like working with it, and it looks pretty, but eating it - who wants a super sweet chewy later on top of their yummy cake? No one in my family.

Mitch has a birthday party at work so he took my final cake for it - I didn't cover it in fondant but just added fondant cutouts. And it was my first attempt at making a bow, which didn't turn out perfect because it was really humid yesterday and my cake carrier smashed it a little. But it was pretty easy and I might have to try it again sometime!


5 comments:

designwaitress said...

Wow - that bow is fantastic!

Doris said...

wow! you are a baker! and taking classes... it looks fantastic. I agree with you and the fondant, totally elegant and terrible to eat at the same time.

anns said...

Great Cake Erin!! I'm envious!

Brooklyn and Kelly said...

I AM SOOOOOOOOOO impressed with this cake!!! Erin - you ROCK!!!

Karlie Grace said...

Awesome job! You're very talented!