Monday, September 8, 2008

NOLA

We had planned on going to New Orleans over Labor Day weekend but Gustav made us postpone our trip to this last weekend. It was still fairly quiet but since this was our "kid trip" it was actually kind of nice! The aquarium was even running a "welcome back" special so tickets were only $5 each, not bad!

We didn't get there until 8:00 on Friday night so after Riley devoured some chicken nuggets from McDonalds (yum, right?) we headed out to Cafe du Monde. Riley didn't really get into the cafe au lait's or beignets although the rest of us sure did!

We figured the only time to visit Bourbon Street with kids would be early in the morning so we hit it at about 10:00 on Saturday - it was nice and quiet and they loved watching the horse drawn carriages.
Jackson Square was pretty but hot and everyone (especially Riley) was a little crabby. Apparently it was naptime since she fell asleep in the stroller as soon as we left.
Next up was the Aquarium and this picture shows how much her eyes lit up when we first saw the fish. I've said it before but I so wish we could have a huge aquarium in her room!
My little starfish


Saturday night Grandma stayed in with the kids and Mom and Dad got to have an adult dinner at Mr. B's Bistro (which was DELICIOUS) and then we walked around Bourbon Street. Quite a different picture than what it was that morning. :)
Sunday we drove around the Garden District, ate a small lunch and then a big dessert at the Creole Creamery, drove around some cemeteries and headed home. I wish we had more time there, the kids seemed to like it and there was so much we didn't see. But I'm still glad we got to go!

3 comments:

Avery said...

I love Nawlins'! Thad and I got engaged there. I told kelly we need to go sometime. The zoo and aquarium are so worth the trip! Looks like a fun weekend was had by all.

designwaitress said...

Did Morgan get highlights?

Looks like you guys had fun. Those beignets look sooooooo good.

Brooklyn said...

I love the family photo, how great! Brooklyn LOVES aquariums too, Charlie and I joke about having a wall sized one in Brooklyn's room too, I am guessing a little out of our budget but Brooklyn would be in heaven! I have never been to there but would LOVE to go sometime! I am glad you and Mitch had some alone time too, that is always nice. Tell him I said hello.