Friday, July 11, 2008

doctor visit

We met with a pediatrician today. The main purpose was to have her get to know Riley so she can write prescriptions for therapy as needed. She also sees another girl in town with Rett Syndrome so I felt good about going to her.

She pretty much confirmed that Riley is having seizures, since Riley had one in her office. I've noticed an increase in the last couple weeks so I'm glad we had this appointment scheduled. Riley has also been more crabby the last couple weeks and she thinks it's due to constipation so we're supposed to give her Miralax every day to see if that helps. Maybe it's all tied together and hopefully the seizures will decrease too.

She put a call into a neurologist here so we can have a 24 hour EEG done for Riley. She'd like us to wait to start any medication until then but it depends on how long the wait is. I really only notice the seizures in the mornings and they only last a couple seconds so I'm not too desperate to start medicating her yet.

The good news is Riley is back on the curve for both height and weight. She is 37 inches and weighs 25 pounds, 12 ounces.

Riley also got the chicken pox shot so she'd be all caught up for school. Brave girl only shed one small tear. I had a waiver signed in Georgia saying she didn't need anymore shots but I don't have the energy to figure out how to get that done here so I just had the shot done. At least she's done until she's 5!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a great ped! We love ours! I'm sorry to hear about the seizures. We are starting to see with Caitlyn that she is much much happier when they are controlled! Hopefully they'll stay that way! Keep us posted as to when your 24 hour is.

Brooklyn said...

37 inches...I would have not guessed that. She seemed so tiny in Chicago when I saw her. I am so glad you get to meet Carrie and Avery soon....you will LOVE them.