Thursday, April 10, 2008

no news

Just a quick update so you don't think we disappeared off the face of the planet.



I still haven't heard anything about the EEG results. I called the neuro yesterday and they said it'll take a while because of where the test was being sent from. So who knows.



Riley is doing pretty good - except she may be getting sick. Times like these are when I get the most frustrated. She hurts or wants something and I have no idea what that is. Addy is getting a cold and says her throat hurts so maybe Riley has the same thing.



She isn't walking as much again. She was doing so much better and I felt ok letting her walk around the room by herself, and then a week and a half ago she started going backwards again. Now some days she does great and other days she freezes up every time I put her on her feet. I'm hoping to get some answers from the EEG and our appointment at the Rett clinic in a couple weeks.



We are looking at preschools in Mississippi right now. If we stay in the county where our apartment is she can start a week from Monday - that seems unreal to me! But they don't have a class for 3 year olds, they only do speech, OT and PT so she'd only go to school for 30-60 minutes at a time 3-4 afternoons each week. Seems almost pointless to me. We have an appointment with another school district tomorrow morning that I've heard is better for special needs kids. Their program is 7:30-12:30 Monday thru Friday anyway which is more what I was thinking.



I'm taking Riley in for a speech eval this afternoon - let's hope it's more productive than the last speech therapist she saw!

2 comments:

Meribeth said...

hey! i've been checking your blogs and am so glad to see you updated and are in MI safe :)

Brooklyn said...

Thanks for the update! I hope the next school you check out has more to offer. I agree with you - 30-60 minutes is not much at all!
I hope ALL of your girls get to feeling better real soon!
Hugs from Indiana!
Kelly