Monday, March 10, 2008

we may have figured it out

The reason Riley is falling down more isn't from losing strength - it's from zoning out. I think. We'll have to talk to the physical therapist but it seems like that's what it is. She'll be standing (or sitting) there and just sort of slump over, or fall over. It lasts about 3 seconds and then she's back again. But it sucks and we can't let her just wander around the house like she used to because we never know when it's going to happen. Saturday it seemed to happen a lot, Sunday morning not at all. Then Sunday afternoon it happened a few times.

I also made an appointment at a therapy place 30 minutes away for Thursday afternoon. We'll see if she gets better physical therapy there than she is getting at home through EI.

2 comments:

Avery said...

erin, have you mentioned this to riley's neuro? It sounds like petite mal seizures.

Brooklyn said...

I am not sure how I skipped this post but I agree with Carrie - check with her neuro. Brooklyn's seizures are "vacant spells" she never walked so I am not sure what they would have looked like if she was walking when they happend but it sounds like that might be what is happening.